A MORE THOUGHTFUL APPROACH
Since setting up Sleeping Lion 15 years ago, I have worked with a wide range of companies providing marketing and business development consultancy and training. Over the past few years my focus has shifted significantly towards ethical and sustainable business practices. My new book, The Ethical Business Book, covers 50 ways to help protect People, the Planet and Profits.
Although my background is hospitality (hotels, membership marketing, and spa development), I have been involved in projects for many different companies and business sectors including accountancy, legal, media, management consultancy, retail, real estate, recruitment, travel, luxury goods, fractional ownership and private healthcare.
Why Sleeping Lion? I believe it’s not about how busy you are, it’s about effectiveness: trying to avoid all the time wasting trivia and focusing on the important stuff. A lion sleeps for over 18 hours day, and yet is still the undisputed king of the beasts. It is the master of minimal effort, maximum return.
This is at the heart of Sleeping Lion – keeping things simple, but having a big impact
When it comes to ethical and sustainable business practices, simplicity is also important. Transforming into a sustainable, environmentally conscious business can seem very daunting, but it is important to look at the simple steps that can be taken first. You’ll never achieve everything at once. Instead of being paralyzed by the sheer scale of the challenge, head toward the easiest paths. If every company could simply start making the changes they can, society and the planet would be in a much healthier place.
In 2019, I joined forces with my husband and Sleeping Lion became part of Expert Advice. We have since worked together on a number of projects and offer a new range of training workshops based on our Concise Advice books.
- There are 8 business books, each with their own training programme.
- There are 4 more blended training programmes that combine the best of two books, in different combinations.
- Every training topic is the full package. All attendees receive the book(s) relevant to the topic, plus a full set of charts and supporting notes.
- The topics are available in a range of formats, including in-person, online, all-day and bite-size versions.
- We can facilitate these workshops separately or together, depending on numbers and category expertise.
- Between us, we have run thousands of sessions and trained over 10,000 people, so the formats are proven to work, and the satisfaction scores are always high.
SMALL BUSINESS TOOLKIT
FREE DOWNLOADABLE RESOURCES
There are a range of tools and exercises available here for you to download free. They draw together Business Ethics, Branding, Customer Loyalty, Marketing, Sales, People Development, Productivity, and Idea Generation – everything you need to focus and align your product, people and communication strategies. If you require help with any of these, I can run bespoke training sessions.